Wednesday, December 14, 2011

That Is A Bluebird Sky

Check out the email and photo I received today.


Alan,

A friend and I who were visiting from Illinois over the weekend skied at the Basin on Saturday. After a nice morning of blue bird skiing we headed up to Loveland Pass with our cameras to get some shots of the beautiful scenery. I thought you might enjoy this shot taken from Loveland Pass. My telephoto lens captured a great vista of Lenawee Face and Humbug with skiers and riders enjoying the afternoon. I'm back home in Illinois where it's cloudy and gray and I miss those blue skies!

-Paul Nicol
Frankfort, IL

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome shot

Anonymous said...

Big Al,
reporting 1 inch followed by a sunny day today.
Maybe for long term for the next year or the year after we should start thinking about snow making on West Wall & Grizilly.
I am die hard Basin skier, have skied there since 1979 but the last couple of weeks I have been skiing Keystone. Keystone is offering so much more train right now all because of their snow making

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that Keystone offered TRAIN!!!

I think the Legend has some great TERRAIN open and know that after some more of mother nature's natural wonders will help out the Basin.

A BAY CREW IS DOING GREAT!!!

Nice pic too from Loveland Pass!!

Martin said...

Im travelling to colorado at the end of january and planning to go to A/Basin!! do you think it will start snowing more frequently for that time?? i am from uruguay, south america

Luiz Pinto said...

Skiing in Arapahoe Basin is one of the most amazing experiences one could have. I have been skiing in the area for more than 20 years now and ABasin has always something new. Montezuma Bowl is a good example.

Luiz Pinto, from Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Alan Henceroth - COO and Vice President said...

Thanks for the comment on West Wall and Grizzly. Right now there are no plans to add snowmaking in those areas. It would be nice, though, to have more snowmaking terrain this year.