Tuesday, May 3, 2011

1st Notch and Corner Chute

I know I continue to rave about the skiing. Sunday, Kay and I spent a few hours enjoying the place on my day off. We had several great runs on the North Side. It was still winter conditions with sweet skiing on The Spine, The Face, Standard, Slalom Slope, and the 3rd Alley. After a good warm up there, we headed to The East Wall. After hiking through the North Pole gate up to Little Lenawee Peak, we dropped into 1st Notch. We first opened that chute from the top in the early 90's. I have to say that Sunday had the best snow cover I have seen there in 20 years. From there it was up the Willie's Staircase to the Snorkel Door. A traverse and a little ski to the North put us in Corner Chute. With only one set of tracks before us, we had perfect untouched boot-deep powder skiing. Tough going into work on your day off.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just curious...Do you ever ski anyplace else in Colorado?

Alan Henceroth - COO and Vice President said...

For recreational and work reasons, I ski about 10-15 other ski areas each season. Those are not just limited to Colorado. I like Utah and go there at least once a winter. The Basin is my favorite and only about 8 miles from my house so I go there the most.

Anonymous said...

How can I get your job?

Alan Henceroth - COO and Vice President said...

Don't know the answer to that one. Hopefully, the job doesn't open up for a while.

John Stirratt said...

Dear Alan, Sorry I missed you last week when I was there. Bought my bonus pass for next year, so I will be back. Your new Express lift is fantastic! For example, the area I work at in Minnesota, takes 3 mintues and 45 seconds to reach 320 feet of vertical. In under 3 minutes Black Mountain Express travels at least three times as far and three times the vertical. You have made the Area one of the go to spots in Colorado. Best wishes, John S.