Saturday, October 11, 2014

Taos - Kachina Peak Lift

As a reminder, we renewed our deal with Taos this season with one exception. Your A-Basin pass will be good for 3 days there this season instead of just 2.

This summer Taos is installing a short, steep chairlift to serve Kachina Peak. The triple will rise 1,100 vertical feet in just 5 minutes accessing some of the sweetest terrain anywhere. I think this is the biggest story in North American skiing this year. If you still like a little extra work, there are a couple of exceptional hiking zones in Highline and West Basin.

Those of us that get the magic of The Basin, will be fully enchanted by the Southwest culture of Taos. It is absolutely a top tier ski area. If you haven't done so yet, get that A-Basin pass and be sure and visit Taos this season.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this apply to just the a-basin pass? Or do those days come with the keystone/basin pass?

Alan Henceroth - COO and Vice President said...

The Taos deal applies to A-Basin only passes. It does not apply to any passes bought through Vail Resorts including the Keystone/A-Basin pass.

Anonymous said...

Hey Al, will the Basin be using the avalauncher equipment this year. I know their use was discontinued after the CDOT accident last winter. Just curious.

Anonymous said...

I worked Taos Ski Valley flipping eggs one year for my pass and it was hardcore; just like A basin where I took my first ski lesson.
This year I got a Epic Pass but I will still pay to take a lift up Kachina Peak. Hell yeah!

Anonymous said...

Al. Love your blog. I live in Texas and ski Taos every year. Glad to see the synergy between the two great areas. Got back to A-Basin last April for the first time in 20 years. Loved it!. It has that same great vibe as Taos. Best news for the future is that after my 10 year old spent at day at Breck and a day at A-Basin all he could talk about when he got home was A-Basin.