Friday, February 27, 2015

Good Skiing All Around

I had a fantastic ski tour all around the mountain this morning. These ongoing storms have been very kind to us. Everywhere I skied was really good. The Spine, of course, was fantastic. Lenawee Parks and Norway were superb. The Lower Mountain Groomers could not be better. The East side of Montezuma Bowl was creamy. Even Southeast facing Max was pretty darn good, a little crunchy in the choke of the chute, but excellent above and below that spot.

We have had several avalanche work crews out on the East Wall today. Over the next several days we are going to be talking about the East Wall A LOT !!!!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zuma was so tasty, definitely felt like more than 3"

Anonymous said...

Skied Norway for the forest time last week. As well as far skiers right on Montezuma. This is my foray season at a basin and I can not wait to throw my tracks up on the east wall.

Is it much steeper/tougher than the double blacks on Montezuma?

Zarter said...

i could definitely go for some spine laps right now...

Alan Henceroth - COO and Vice President said...

I'll ski one for you in the morning. We need you back. It's East Wall time.

Alan Henceroth - COO and Vice President said...

The East Wall is different from Montezuma Bowl. Below the traverse, it is not terribly steep, but has some very fun terrain features to play around. Above the traverse, accessed by hiking, there is some exciting steep stuff.

Blake Gallagher said...

thanks for your reply Alan. after some research I realized that the east wall is that amazing terrain skier left of me every time I go up the mountain. I'll be ready to go up first chair with you on Monday Allen so you can show me the ropes ;)