Friday, December 11, 2015

Skinning Tip - Headlamps

Kay and I just had a very enjoyable skin up to The Summit on a very dark, dark night. We are really looking forward to tomorrow's night's Randonee Dinner at Black Mountain Lodge, "A Night In France."

It is really great to see so many people out there skinning, getting some exercise and enjoying another side of A-Basin. I encourage everyone that is out there after dark to use a headlamp. We really do have a lot of stuff out on the mountain, ropes, signs, snowmaking guns, hoses, powercords, pop fences, B-Nets, bamboo, snwomobiles, snowcats, etc. etc. etc. Yes, there was a time when I was younger that I wandered around a lot without a headlamp. Not a good idea. I don't do it anymore. So I encourage you to be a little brighter (get it) and use a headlamp.

If you are attending the dinner tomorrow night, I will see you there. Bring your headlamp.