Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Really, May 20?

Another incredible day. This morning I was told the upper 2/3 of the mountain was skiing like winter snow. The grooming was top notch and The Spine was in fine form. We even had a good North Pole hiking/skiing session. People were loving it. I was out from about 1 - 3 in the afternoon. By then we had soft, spring snow and it was still tremendous.

Pretty soon we are going to have to start talking about whether we extend the season beyond June 7.

Pano shot about 6:30 PM this evening

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see the season extended. I'll be there June 19-20 and will take my whole family skiing if you're open. We're crossing our fingers!

Anonymous said...

Yes extend it to the 19th Al! I will be passing through on my way to Wyoming and I will DEFINITELY stop by for a day if you stay open!

Matthew Kelpe said...

I'm so hoping you're still open the 19-21 of June. My mom and I will definitely be there if you are. I thought I ended my season at A-Basin back in March, but now I'm coming to Summit Co. for a week in June and really want to ski!

Anonymous said...

YES, please extend! No better place for Father's Day than at ABasin!

Skibum4ever said...

I plan to ski on my birthday (June 4) and our anniversary (June 7) and hopefully for the following week. Usually ski at Mammoth to celebrate but not this year.

Anonymous said...

Yes Stay open as long as possible please... My arm is almost better...2 more weeks before I see the Dr. Then need 2 more weeks to strength my arm so I don't rupture my bicep... Could probably cut it down to 1 week...so extend the season as long as possible.