Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Employee Orientation

Enjoy this morning's photos.  Yesterday's morning message on Progress applies again today.  We are a little bit closer.

There are 3 ways I can tell we are getting close to opening:

1.  My cars smells like green chilis.  Saturday, I had a year's worth of chilis roasted at the Fireworks/green chili stand on Federal down in Denver.

2.  Employee Orientation.  This morning we greeted a room full of employees back for another season.  Almost everyone in the room was a returning employee.  It is good to have that gang back at the ski area.

3.  The snowcats are dozing the snowmaking piles.  Well, that hasn't happened yet, but when it does....................................







16 comments:

Justin Erwin said...

Hopefully we get a nice foot here by Saturday. Keeping my fingers crossed for a opening early next week!!!

Anonymous said...

This weekend sure is looking good

Anonymous said...

the chile guys!!!

Anonymous said...

4) The incessant crowing by Colorado-ans across the state to start turning the lifts!

Anonymous said...

can you just open already?

Anonymous said...

can you just open already?

Anonymous said...

can you just open already?

tumtum said...

when it does happen............... hm. cant wait

tumtum said...

when it does happen............., hm cant wait!!

Alan Henceroth - COO and Vice President said...

Yes, The Chile Guys. Is it chili or chile? The dictionary lists both spellings.

Anonymous said...

Al,

Do you bring your own chiles for them to roast, or they sell you their own? What kind of chiles?

Forgive my ignorance, I'm from the Midwest. New to the green chile phenomenon, but they sure are tasty!

Alan Henceroth - COO and Vice President said...

They sell the chiles there and usually have at least 10 different varieties. They range from mild to hot to dynamite. I'd call it a "must do" experience for someone new to Colorado.

Adrienne Saia said...

I roasted green chiles at an organic farm for a season while I was in grad school. Love that smell... and miss getting free bushels to take home!

John stirratt said...

Web Cams down?

Anonymous said...

I am the 'Anonymous' that asked about the chiles. Appreciate the response, Al! I will check it out...

Chris W. said...

Chili in my book.

I think it's great that so many employees come back. I really believe you have the best staff in the business. Everyone I've dealt with has been friendly and helpful.