Thursday, March 8, 2018

Skinning In Daylight

This afternoon I went for the first skin of the season that I did not have to use a headlamp. Halfway up the mountain, I enjoyed beautiful light on the East Wall. From the top of Zuma Lift, I enjoyed a dazzling sunset over the Gore and Ten Mile Ranges. It was still light out when I reached the bottom. And next week is Daylight Savings Time. Even more daylight, at least for an after work skinner like me. Might be a little dark next week for the morning crew.

Skin Etiquette: Whenever you are on the hill in the dark, use a headlamp. This is for your safety so you can see the snow and grooming marks and closures and equipment, etc. It also for the others on the hill, both working and playing. Make sure they can see you. In particular, people wandering around without a headlamp is very hard on the cat drivers. Make your neighborhood cat driver smile, use a headlamp.