Monday, September 5, 2022

Dillon Amphitheater

Dillon has an incredible amphitheater. On the edge of the lake with the Gore and Ten Mile Ranges in the background, it is hard to beat this setting. The shows there range from sold out national acts to free local concerts. We went to one of each this weekend. Saturday night Shakey Graves entertained a sold out crowd with his unique Americana blend of blues, folk, country and rock and roll. Sunday night the "Summit Musicians Relief Fund" hosted a show to aid local musicians in need. A number of local bands entertained the crowd including A-Basin favorites High Five, Old Herman and Hobo Village.

Summit County is such a fantastic place to live and spend time that I have to pinch myself. We get to enjoy these fantastic shows in an idyllic setting. While listening to the music, I also gaze at the mountains and I remember the peaks I have stood on top of and ponder the ones that hope to stand on soon. We are lucky.