Sunday, September 24, 2023

Washington, DC

For several years now I have been lucky to be on the Board of Directors for the National Ski Areas Association. The Board and, especially, the staff have done great work on a variety of issues like COVID management, employee training programs and government relations.

Every few years, I break out the suit and tie and join the Board for a trip to DC to meet our legislators. I flew into Dulles last week for several congressional meetings. We connect with as many senators and representatives as we can from both sides of the aisle. We talk about important ski industry subjects like Climate Change, keeping work visas available for international students and workers, and "let's make sure the ski areas on public lands can remain open in case the government shuts down." It is a good idea to work with and know our elected officials in advance, before there is a crisis.

This is the fourth time I have participated in a trip like this and I learn and grow so much every time. 

And I can't wait to get that tie off.