Friday, March 15, 2024

After The Storm

That was quite the storm. Usually the decision to remain closed is extremely difficult. The decision to remain closed yesterday was a relatively easy one. It was not about the snow. It was about the wind. There was no way to safely operate the lifts in that kind of wind.

After 18 inches in two days, and to no surprise, people were eager to get out and ski today. It was a good crowd for a Friday. From the wind, the snow was just a bit stiff first thing. The more it was skied, the better it became. I was kind of busy until about 2 PM when I finally got out skiing. The snow was incredible. Completing my 6 lift tour, I found sweet skiing everywhere I went. The next couple days are forecast to be partly sunny with temps in the 20's. Saturday and Sunday will be beauties.