Sunday, January 23, 2022

Good Weekend

As I wander around the ski area, I have many encounters with skiers and riders. Almost always people have smiles on their faces (like some of my friends in the photo below). Many people ask me fairly serious and focused questions about how the business is going. So much of what we have done the last 3 years has been very public like leaving Vail, joining Ikon, dealing with COVID, limiting pass sales, limiting daily tickets and selling tickets only online. As I have said many times, our biggest objective is to create an incredible experience for skiers and riders at The Basin. If we can do that, business will be good. And, I think we have been doing that this season. In our perfect world, we would like to just fill our parking lots without turning anyone away. Saturday and Sunday were pretty close to perfect. Beautiful weather, great snow, people having fun and plenty of parking. Those were very good days for everyone involved with The Basin.