Sunday, May 25, 2014

OK, We Had A Little Weather

About Wednesday of this past week, I was watching the forecasts for the weekend. I have to admit I was fairly nervous thinking the storm may wreck the weekend and particularly the Festival of the Brewpubs. Well, Mother Nature gave us all she had this afternoon. There was a point when graupel was falling out of the sky about as hard as it can. The lifts had been closed due to lightning. I stopped right in the middle of the base area. I looked around. People were all around me with their mugs, smiling, talking and laughing. Whitewater Ramble was tuning their instruments and getting ready to start. It was just another typical day at The Basin. It was downright comical. The weather didn't even phase people. That is just the way it is in the mountains. Right now it is snowing fairly heavily, the band is still playing, and the sun looks like it is about to pop out.

The day has been a big hit. Thanks to all the craft brewers that showed up. This was the first time I had heard Whitewater Ramble. They are fantastic. I hope we can get them back some day. If you get a chance to see them play, be sure and do so. Most importantly, thanks to all of you that joined in on the fun. We still have a ways to go this season. I love this place.