Friday, November 25, 2022

Lift Update - Splice Complete

The Lenawee Express haul rope splice was completed this morning. Following the necessary inspection and measurement, the rope was placed on all the sheave assemblies. The engineers are busy at work in the terminals and lift operator houses. They will spend the next several days powering up the drive systems, making sure they are working properly and, ultimately, getting the lift to spin . Sometime next week, we will start attaching the carriers (chairs) to the haul rope.

Back on November 4, I wrote a post that said the "lift will be done this month and maybe by Thanksgiving." Mea Culpa. Whether I was overly optimistic or just underestimated how long it would take, I was wrong. Right now my best estimate is that the lift will be completed in Mid-December. I am bummed about the update, but want to be as straight forward as I can be. No one wants this lift completed and open more than me. Thanks for your patience.